Note: As you explore BVU’s portal, please do not to use the web
browser’s back button to return to a previous screen. Instead, click on
the links displayed after You are here: at the top left or the links on
the left side of the page to move around the portal.
- Log into BEAVERNet with the USERNAME and PASSWORD you enter to access your BVU email. If you need assistance, email email@example.com or call 749-2FIX (2349).
- Click the FACULTY & ADVISING tab in the top menu bar.
- Select ADVISOR INFORMATION at the left. To set how many advisees display per page in the ADVISEE ROSTER, choose “Set Options” - the default setting is 5 and can be increase up to 50.
- Under SEARCH for ADVISEES, Select Advisee Status of “NEED REGISTRATION CLEARANCE, and select FA 2014 as the term.
- Your advisees will display, and there will be a GRANT button. Click GRANT and that advisee can then select fall courses.
- To view your roster(s) for fall, choose FACULTY INFORMATION at the left. In the center, you may choose VIEW MORE OPTIONS (and display ALL courses for fall), or VIEW MY FACULTY SCHEDULE and just display those you are teaching. If you select View More Options, you can choose the letter range of the course you want to find, or use Next Page.
- At the right side of the screen, under GO DIRECTLY TO, you may View Course Details, get a Class List, do Grade Entry. There’s really not much to see within course details. Within the class, if you have access to that student, you may view their entire schedule for the semester by clicking on the icon. You can also email the instructor of those classes in which they’re enrolled. On each of the students in the class, you can send an email them (to their BVU email address) as well as any or all of their advisors. Or you can email all students in the class at once. You can also export your roster to excel. Grade entry works much the same as it does in FAS. You will enter midterm and final grades, along with a last date of attendance for students assigned a grade of “F”. When entering grades, you’ll get a confirmation email sent to your BVU email address.
Please note: Courses that have a letter in the section, or where the section is 50 or above, are Graduate & Professional Studies classes.
When finished, click on Log out at the top right of your screen, so that others may not access your information.